Skip to main content

I am Learning Somthing New This Week



Hello My Colleagues,

This week, I learned new teaching techniques from "Forum" in how to make a good use of one video to serve the students educational needs and improve their skills either through building their vocabulary, helping them understand the different structure of different tenses, and encourage them to write stories through listening to a variety of sounds. I am considering it to apply in my classroom.  Not only that, but I also read the article of "Teaching Pronunciation for Adult English Language Teachers" that is really beneficial. Here in The Arab World, we do not have sounds in our language like /v/, /p/; therefore, when I teach sounds I have to demonstrate the differences between /b/ and /p/ also between /f/ and /v/. Moreover, the students face a great confusion in recognizing stress syllables. So as to help them get over this dilemma, I use the stress syllables and sounds methodology by Professor. Marsh The pronunciation Doctor that I have learned on the cyber and then later I had the chance to meet her last year in The US TESOL Convention, Portland, Oregon. She has a YouTube Channel which I highly recommended. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvT89dnx-4 for syllable stress and here is one for vowel sounds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DIvdf-XhcE..

I used to suffer in the past remembering my favorite website links after formatting my laptop, but Delicious.com has saved my day. Now I do not have to worry about losing links. Wherever and whenever I go, all what I have to do is to log in to this website and viola! I can see my favorite links.

It is amazing to learn something new everyday!

Regards,

Abeer Qumaishi
Yemen, Aden
 

Comments

  1. Dear Abeer,

    Please visit this new blog I have created and leave your comment on the idea

    http://webskillswriteenglish.blogspot.com/

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!

    Thanks for sharing these links a lot! This week was pretty good for useful information!

    By the way, check this new tool for vocab skills at

    http://zulyar-english-teacher.blogspot.com/

    Best regards,
    Zulyar Kavashev
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Go Viral With Infographics!

You might be wondering, but the truth is that most of you did! But what urged you to do so? Is it because you never found the words to express your thought or is it because those cave paintings could miraculously convey your sentiments and thoughts to the chosen ones.


Throughout history, a treatise on painting or paper could say much more than what you might say in thousand words, and that’s why we combine figures and text with graphs.

The emergence of the internet gave rise to the use of infographics. Nowadays, it is used in several fields like education, government, the corporate sector, medicine, engineering, research and development and so on. Certain types of infographics are targeted to people with specialized knowledge or expertise.

Let me ask you a question… Why should you integrate infographics into your overall marketing strategy?
Hieroglyphics has been developed throughout history and today it’s known by Infographics. If we deeply investigate the capabilities of infographics, w…

Why My World is So Complicated?

Why My World is So Complicated?
It is a poem I wrote about myself in 2012 at UMBC (University of MaryLand Baltimore County); with the amazing teacher Mary who conducted the TET (Teaching English to Teenagers) course, expressing how being a teenager could turn me sometimes into a drama queen.
It was my first attempt ever to write a poem. A poem about teenagers! I struggled at the beginning to think how can I start writing my very first line, but when I noticed than I was running out of time I told myself "Why don't I write about my own experience as a teenager?" I am not going to talk much. Read it and let me know if I was a typical drama queen then.

Read and Enjoy
Here is the link: http://abeeralqumaishi.blogspot.com.eg/2012/05/why-my-world-is-so-complicated.html

Abeer Q

Learning Webskills by Abeer Qumaishi

At last, I could log in to my blog after being this close to keep my sanity! I was so desperate due to facing a technical problem that occurred, and I thought that this course was over for me even before it really started. Right now, I am so happy to continue the journey with you. Blogging is an amazing way to express ideas. Nevertheless, I am still exploring blogger.com. It will take me sometime to know how to manage it.

This term, I am teaching high-intermediate levels. I have created a nicenet online class for my students which is an interesting way as they said.  


 I have read all of your blogs which are impressive, and they gave a feeling of excitement that I am joining a wonderful group.

Abeer Qumaishi
Yemen, Aden